Thursday, December 27, 2012

iris
Oftentimes I find myself choking in the hands of my current situation. Unbearable is the word I'm searching for, I think. My lungs gasp for air as I suffocate on the indefinite sadness that lurks inside of me; the kind of sadness that's always even just a tad bit traceable no matter how hard you try to flush it out of your bloodstream. I've got to breakaway, I know. It's always been in the back of my mind. But that day's got to wait. For now, all I need to do is be patient, to nurture and let my strength grow. "One day", I keep whispering to myself, "one day"; those words reverberate through the shards of hope embedded within my soul that keep the flame from going out. Though somehow, at times, it might seem to me that I've got everything planned out, the truth is that only the beloved can truly tell. Only those who our eyes cannot see know of my true fate. The best I can do is prepare.

All of that aside, three-hundred-and-sixty-five days back was when I first settled into this place. It did take a little getting used to, but I think I'm quite at-home now here. Honestly, it completely surprises me that a full year has already gone by since I started blogging here, and I just want to thank you who is reading this right now for the support that you have given just by paying this blog a visit. Happy Holidays, and cheers to (hopefully) another year of Sartorial Lungs!

No comments:

Post a Comment