Sunday, April 8, 2012

DIY PROJECT No. 1

For my first ever "Do It Yourself" post here on this blog, I'll depict, step by step, how you can paint your own T-shirt. I've actually already posted this on my old blog, but just for the sake of posting, I'm blogging about it once again over here. So anyway, I've already done this project a couple of times. To be honest, it's quite a simple and easy endeavor if you think about it. All you'd need are the materials called for, some spare time, and a dash of creativity for this DIY project. Alright, I'll get started then:

DSC_0063
Some shirts that I'd made
1. Gather all your materials! You’ll need some paint, paintbrushes, a pencil, scissors or a cutter, folders, and a plain t-shirt.
DSC_0073
  2. Choose a design and transfer it onto a folder, and cut it out afterward.
DSC_0075
3. Start painting! Place your stencil on top of the shirt and apply some paint.
DSC_0078
4. Let your creation dry all the way, and you're all set to wear it!
DSC_0083
*Remember to use Textile paint when doing this because it’s really made for printing/painting on t-shirts.
DSC_0085
*When painting the shirt, don’t forget to place a plastic bag or the like inside the shirt. You wouldn’t want the paint to bleed to the back side!
DSC_0088
*Take note that when painting, the paint can still crawl outside the area of the stencil. These shirts are home-made anyway, so I guess it’s okay. Unless you’d want to use tape to outline your design (which will help to stop the paint from spreading, but will take some time to do).
DSC_0093
 *Don’t put too much detail into the design.
DSC_0098
 *Apply more than one coat of paint so that it’ll last.
 Alright, I guess that concludes this DIY post then. Oh, and a Happy Easter to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment